Friday, March 16, 2012

Featherless Friday

Since I have been without any feathered friends this week, I thought I'd share an interesting creature I've photographed. I found this Treefrog resting on my car, and he didn't seem to mind the camera so I snapped a few photos. He seemed quite mellow and I was happy he didn't decide to jump on me. I didn't happen to notice how dirty my car was till I viewed the photos!

I believe this is a Cuban Treefrog, an invasive species to Florida. Florida is home to 27 species of frogs, as well as 3 invasive species. I do not  regularly find these around the yard, which from what I've read is a good thing. Cuban Treefrogs are known to be big eaters, consuming large numbers of insects, native frogs, lizards, and even small snakes.



Reference: UF Wildlife- Johnson Lab

10 comments:

  1. he sure is beautiful, though! gorgeous eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and if that's your idea of a dirty car... well, just come out to the country for a spell... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots, love the third!
    Wish you a wonderful weekend.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and detailed photos although I don't like frogs.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Greetings, Miklos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots Tammy..... nice sharpness.

    Greetings and a lovely weekend,

    Joop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots, he is even smiling in the last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love frogs, and I don't want to be a person eaten by it. Beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bellissime le fotografie...brava!! buon fine settimana...ciao

    ReplyDelete
  9. Invasive or not the treefrog sure is a pretty critter Tammy!

    ReplyDelete

I greatly appreciate your comments!